POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) : Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post - Fantasy Map (Feder.jpg 57.5 kbu)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 May 2000 20:40:14
Message: <392881ee@news.povray.org>
radiosity comes to mind.
For the candle (wax) you could use a gradient y texture map going from regular
wax to illuminated shinier wax at top.
Might be possible to use a semi-clear object around the camera which acts as a
sort of filtered lens to create both a candle flame flare and other changes to
the rest of the scene.

Bob